Status : current
Area : Surkhet District
Subject : Strengthen the capacity of the Medicinal and Aromatic Plants focusing to promote Timur, Churi Tejpat MAPs in Surkhet district
Partner : Financed by the EIF/UNOPS with additional financial support from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Government of Nepal (GoN).
Main aims to strengthen the capacity of the Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) actors in coordination and implementation of the NTIS in the context of MAPs. The Project will focus to provide technical support in pursuit of producing quality yield through cultivation of Timur, Tejpat and Chiuri.
- To Conduct GACP orientation to farmers through LRPs
- To Conduct MAPs cultivation training through LRPs following GAP guideline
- To Conduct MAPs harvesting and post harvesting training through LRPs following GAP guideline
- To Organize consistent monitoring involving all related stakeholders in the district.
- To Facilitate to allocate CF/community land/ public land for MAPs cultivation to the poor households
- To Support farmers with Quality planting material, cultivation and harvesting equipments
- To Mobilize LRPs for post cultivation technical support for Timur, Tejpat and Chiuri.
- To Support on developing a coordination committee at the Municipality and Rural Municipality level
- To increase income of farmers through promotion of MAPs.