Status : current
Area : Surkhet
Subject : Improve the well being of poor people - especially women and children - despite exposure to climate related shocks and stresses
Partner : NTAG/iDE Nepal
Building Resilient and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disasters (BRACED)-'Anukulan' project is being implemented in Surkhet districts out of its 6 project districts Doti, Dadeldhura, Kailali, Kanchanpur, Bardiya and Surkhet. In Surkhet district Sundar Nepal Sanstha has been working as the implementing partner of NTAG/iDE Nepal. Short description of the project is as below:
Duration: August 2015 – December 2017
Overall goal: Improve the well being of poor people - especially women and children - despite exposure to climate related shocks and stresses
- International Partners: iDE (lead), ADRA, IWMI, CIMMYT, Middlesex University, Renewable World and Netafim
- National Partners: RUPANTARAN, RIMS Nepal, SAPPROS and NTAG
Anukulan has identified Income; food security; access to services related to livelihood security; access to sufficient water; access to climate-adaptive technologies and health as the essential elements of resilience.
- Smallholder Commercial Pockets
- Micro Irrigation Technologies (MITs)
- Multiple Use Water Systems (MUS)
- Renewable Energy linked to livelihoods
- Essential Oil Distillation
- IPM/Agricultural Best Practices increasing returns, resilience and sustainability
- Output 1: Poor people received support to reduce vulnerability to climate related shocks and stresses.
- Output 2: Increased capacity of local government, civil society and private sector to respond to climate related shocks and stresses.
- Output 3: Better understanding of what works in building resilience to climate related shocks and stresses and integration into DRR approaches.
- Output 4: Improved policies integrating DRR and climate change adaptation are in place at local and national levels.